From Idea Meetings
- Opportunities to network with other cities (Toronto and Boston are having meetups tonight)
- Look at viability of a project to collect rain water which currently just goes down storm drains into sewers, and use for watering the lawn bowling green.
- Create plan and pursue funding
- Who pays for watering city parks now?
- Health risks for sediment sitting in tanks and then becoming aerosolIzed(?) when sprayed out.
- UVic's synthetic turf is for field hockey. The static charge of a ball moving on dry turf gives it a reverse spin... which is difficult to trap with a stick. A wet surface allows the ball to glide. Players also avoid turf burns when sliding. They use grey water, what holding and treatment system do they use?
- YIMBY notes: can have a fire in a backyard if used for cooking