From Idea Meetings
Discussion on satellites
- As one member recently purchased a house, and another was negotiating the purchase of a house, the discussion was based around home and land ownership
- All members seem interested in creating edible gardens
- Discussion around using hydroponics on vertical tubes with 'shelves' throughout, wondering how high one can go (with peas, for example)
- As most of us are transplants, we are going to look into what advantages we have locally being in such a moderate climate with extended growing season
- There seems to be a 'back to basics' mood for most members, being as self-sustaining as we can.
- Wondering if there is any reason why we keep grass on our lawns, and not make them completely garden.
- One member brought his new macbook air to demonstrate