From Idea Meetings
As there was no agenda in advance, one member brought a copy of the Junto Questions which we went over.
- The internet has created many pleasurable reading events, perhaps making this question obsolete
- Interesting to see what questions still have value and which have been deprecated
- housing/heating books as one member recently bought a house. Looking into wireless thermostats, is there anything more advanced/stable than x10?
- hepatic interfaces - terminals which you read by feel
- mobile computing - must look away from whatever else you are doing
- Book Plasticity of the brain
- upside-down glasses; apparently the brain adapts within an hour
- XS Cargo has bluetooth headsets for $20 this week. What about attaching to your wrist, or behind the ear, or anywhere else with nerve endings. Then get a nearby computer to send text -> morse code (CW) to the device. How long until you can understand what is being sent? Can one get into a position where they can interpret several at once?
- How many wpm does a person average for voice, braille, cw, typing, reading?
- only dirty stories. No. Microsoft vs copyright.
- Recent cocaine flights that go down, the suggestion they are CIA torture planes. Coincidence of parent company acronym "DBA".
- medium is the message
- blogs -> restrictions
- media priorities
- masses vs niche
- Vehicle manufacturing plants
- GM in Oshawa
- Ford shut 3 today
- Just-in-time model: no market for failover -- bottom-line vs worker
- It's just business -- mortgage -> writeoff to bankrupcy
- Once laid off, you realize people are not priority, the bottom-line is.
- Reallocate to higher position
- Keep the bottom 25% of your society working, or they will kill you and eat you.
- Standard of living is relevant to your environment
- Cheney - Halliburton & War
- Belinda - Daddy's money (Magna)
- Local techies with infectious greed
- Venture capitalists
- Get a good reference, it's all about reputation and who you know
- Find the richest person you know, use their lawyer/billing
- Rescuing the CP Lawn bowling club
- One member completed a month of alcohol detox. Value of temperance < heightened value of intemperance
- Ephedrine hydrochloride
- One mutual acquaintance going to Japan
- One member heading to Edmonton next week to visit in-laws
- Girls looking for servicing
- City influence
- Many people flying in for privacy and security conference
- Cousin; RCSS is the same night
- Dmitri Skylarov - DeCSS - better left unsaid?
- <member with flailing arms> archery
- Lawn bowling
- US Patriot act
- Liberty is evolving
- Loss of liberty is because of stupid people in charge
- All the time, I just don't give a shit. Everytime I watch the US news as well as the Canadian news.
- Nit picking member is still at the table
- negative action vs. positive action
- What could be done so that everyone would care to elect smart people?
- run by experts vs. political flack
- sweet fuck all, you can do shit
- member is a pimp
- nothing wrong with it
- public reputation is what matters
- truth is more important
- one member states they do not ever lie
- social ties?
- Every side has an out anyways
- We ended the meeting here as it was only going downhill.