From Idea Meetings
- how much heat/energy can we get off human/animal waste?
- 200 foot deep geothermal heated house on Vancouver street, what was the permit process to utilize aqueducts that deep?
- While houses average $220 sq/ft, a guy in Metchosin built his house for $100 sq/ft and off the grid
- 500sq/ft handles human compost
- BCSEA ran the tour of energy efficient homes
- Cobb house in North Saanich, a tour every 2nd Sunday
- claw/stray/mud house
- straw requires stucco on both sides with no gaps? As wet straw can ignote
- differential power is coming
- What is the difference of fuel, oil, electricity and wind?
- What was it last year? 5 years ago?
- A device that measures wind over time, like a power meter
- Unlimited clothes line bylaws in Ontario in order to save power
- storing geothermal heat using "sterling engine"
- How to test optimal geothermal depth (dig to water source then test differential temperature)
- What are the effects of multiple geothermal users; what is the impact of geothermal on its environment? (impacts on soil, water, the frostline)
- "drake landing" near okotoks in Alberta using bore holes to store heat during summer and release during winter; How does this impact its environment? - unknown at this time
- look up link at Vancouver street house that uses supposed non toxic glycol
- $3500 grant from federal government along with proposed provincial grant
- net metering in BC: sell at 5.4 cents and buy at 8 cents; different in Washington where one can sell at a profit
- buy used photo voltaic cells in California where government is subsidizing cost and purchase to sell over border minus GST